Lead nominated members
Nominated substitute members
Co-opted non voting members
The Constituent Authorities listed below appoint 1 member and 1 named substitute member to the Joint Committee on an annual basis. Each Constituent Authority member has 1 vote including substitute members and they have authority to speak and vote on matters on behalf of their authority. Political balance rules do not apply to the Joint Committee membership.
- Dartmoor National Park Authority
- Devon County Council
- East Devon District Council
- Exeter City Council
- Exmoor National Park Authority
- Mendip District Council
- Mid Devon District Council
- North Devon Council
- Plymouth City Council
- Sedgemoor District Council
- Somerset County Council
- South Hams District Council
- South Somerset District Council
- Torbay Council
- Taunton Deane Borough Council
- Teignbridge District Council
- Torridge District Council
- West Devon Borough Council
- West Somerset Council.
In addition to the Constituent Authorities the partner organisations listed below also appoint 1 co-opted representative and 1 named substitute co-opted representative to the Joint Committee. Co-opted members do not have voting rights:
- Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership (the LEP)
- NHS Northern, Eastern and Weston Devon Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS South Devon and Torbay Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group
The Joint Committee may co-opt further non-voting representatives from the private, public and/or voluntary sectors at any time.
Somerset County Council has been appointed by the Constituent Authorities as the Administering Authority for the Joint Committee.